Thursday, September 18, 2008

THoughts on the Economy

I received this article today from David Neagle and it really made me think. What the media is telling me does not have to be my reality. I can see it completely different.

Here's the article:

What Do YOU See?

David NeagleWhen THEY say the economy is bad, it's up to you to determine if that will affect your outcome and your life. If you see easy times and wealth, they will be yours. If you let others control what you think, you become a slave to their false beliefs.

One of my favorite authors is U.S. Andersen and I want to share with you something he wrote in 1961. This rings so true for us each day of our lives - the beautiful truth it contains will transform your life... if you will let it.

What do you see, even when people of authority tell you what they want you to see?

"It is an established fact that a half dozen people can stand on a street corner and each see things that are imperceptible to the others because of the different qualities of their consciousness. One person might be a realtor and be primarily concerned with the value of a vacant lot. Another might be a doctor and be preoccupied with the erratic gate of a pedestrian. Another might be an advertising person with their attention focused on a vacant billboard atop the drugstore. Still another might be and old lady concerned with the speed of the traffic. There might be an automobile salesman whose attention is riveted upon the new model of a competitor. There might be a contractor who observes that the drugstore needs painting.

Such a list is endless. Because of the infinite variety of the human species, it would surely be impossible for any two people out of any number of combinations to see exactly the same things on the same street corner. What we see is the result of our consciousness. We see only that which we are.

There is no liberation from this fact. It is the basic law of existence. It can be used to restrict consciousness or it can be used to expand consciousness, but work it must, and always. By using it, and we cannot help using it, we either shrivel our souls or expand them, there is no in-between. We are cursed or blessed from within, and upon the judgment seat sits our ego, a false judge to be sure, an illusion to begin with. When we subordinate ego to spirit, then we are able to expand consciousness and increase awareness, to fully use the law of growth and power. But as long as the ego remains king, that long will we be slaves to a tyrant which imprisons our consciousness within narrow boundaries."

Remember nothing has to be as THEY tell you it is. THAT reality doesn't have to be YOUR reality.... It doesn't have to be YOUR life.


I for one will choose my own reality. I see people needing and wanting the help I can give them with the Rodan and Fields skincare lines. I see them lining up in front of me wanting the gift I have to give them. Whether it be product or the great business opportunity. I see Success and growth. I see a great future!!!

No comments: